Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Corndogs and Laundry

Hope everyone reading this is having a lovely lovely day! I'm busy with laundry . . . which is turning out to be an all-day event in the El Paso Momma's house - er, apartment, rather.

Meanwhile I am trying to get my babies (let's call them Sunshine and Rain - LOL it's pretty close to their real names and definitely reflective of their personalities) to clean their room. I hear it's a good thing to try and condition your kids at a young age for just about everything and well, since cleanliness is near the top of my list . . . . "Put your toys away" is the mantra of the day. :)

Earlier today my son, Sunshine, stops me as I'm typing away at the computer. He tells me "Momma, I know how to make popsicles, you should try it." Hmm? I'm thinking. He continues, "Yeah, a popsicle it's the purple stuff with the stick inside." Hmm? I think again. I tell him, "Okay baby, yeah that does sound like a popsicle." He's 4 which means as soon as I start talking he losing all interest in the conversation and runs off to amuse himself with a new bouncy ball he got the night before last.

Okay so later after I return from tossing the clothes in the dryer, I turn the T.V. on to let the kids watch Curious George. I go check around the house for stuff I may have missed (the kids are 4 and 5 years old so you'd be surprised the stuff that turns up or disappears magically). I find my ice/heat pack on the livingroom floor and go to the kitchen to return it to the freezer. This is where I did the double-take. In my freezer is a 16 oz plastic tumbler filled with Minute Maid Pomegranate-Blueberry juice. Stuck inside the frozen juice are two used corndog sticks!

I laugh. Inventive, my little man is.

Aaah the little joys of motherhood. I might just try that oversized popsicle of his . . . if I can scrape the rest of that corndog breading off the stick.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Good luck with the room cleaning. My boys were so good about picking up their toys and now that they are older (13,11), it's like I haven't taught them a THING about cleanliness. Lord, help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was too cute. Thanks for sharing. I will be laughing all day about that one.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin