Monday, August 17, 2009

One more week til school starts!

Wow what a long week this has been, without the internet. My computer had to be taken to the shop, hence the delay since my last post. But it has been a great week. Finished the back to school shopping . . . except for a backpack for my Rain. I need to find one her size that will fit her folder.

We just came back from a camping trip in Ruidoso, NM this past weekend. We only stayed overnight, but it was soooooooo relaxing. The babies had a blast running around over grass and through bushes. In El Paso, there is no grass and there are no bushes. LOL Well, at least not much. I love that we bring that camp fire smell back home with us. That way I can lift the lid on my trunk and go back to the mountains. I'll have to dig through my photos to pick some out to post here.

We also tried out the Grand China Buffet and Mongolian Grill restaurant in east-central El Paso and they are great. Loved the spread! We had to go back again the next day.

So that's the update. The kids are looking forward to going back to school. My little man tried packed up his backpack with his school supplies. LOL He sits with it on during the day. I think he's most excited about seeing his friends again, so I'm hoping a few of them end up in his class this year.

What I'm listening to now: Clumsy by Fergie
An I love my babies moment:
If you know my husband, you know he LOVES food. So Thursday, we're driving around running errands and discussing what to eat for lunch, when hubby says to me: "Look, I'll make you a deal. Take us out to eat Chinese food and I'll clean the whole house for you." I looked at him like he was crazy and then said that out loud. "You must be crazy." He laughs and says "No for real, I'll do it." It's my turn to laugh now, "Yeah, right." This back and forth goes on for a few minutes before I finally agree. Since one of our errands was to check up on our computer (remember it was in the shop last week), I suggested the Grand China Buffet because it was in the same complex. It turned out to be great. LOL getting him to hold up his end of the bargain was not.

I didn't really expect him to do it, because if you know my husband, you also know he does not like housework. (No surprise there.) So I wasn't going to make a big deal out of the house cleaning. He did start to deep clean the livingroom, but keeled over and went to sleep a quarter of the way through. I hate stepping around clutter, so I finished the job.

He did make up for it though. After the weekend, I got a new bookshelf, a new computer desk, and a night out by myself. . . three things I've been after for a while now. :) He also cooked and did the laundry. (I'm so happy I was not up at midnight waiting to take the clothes out of the dryer!) So now I know where to take him to eat when I'm ready to take that road-trip vacation I've been dreaming about!

1 comment:

  1. Your husband sounds like me. I love food - especially when I don't have to cook it, so I'm always making deals with my husband to take me out to eat. High five to your hubby (lol).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin