Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh the Anticipation!

Around El Paso Momma's house, things are going to be all about school tomorrow. It's a Tax-Free Weekend in Texas for clothing, shoes, and select school supplies under $100. Yay! LOL Okay so it's not a HUGE savings unless you plan to spend hundreds of dollars . . . but, every little bit helps. Seriously it adds up. It is the reason I put off clothes shopping until now. Well, technically I have been shopping as I've gone through the past month doing the regular household shopping, but I haven't bought anything yet.

I actually hate shopping - LOL unless it is for books or writing supplies (I can't help myself!) So I'm glad I did do a little browsing here and there for some items my babies will need for school. On a side note, this is mentioned in one of my articles on
back to school at Examiner. I know where to go to get in and out -hopefully without gaining any blisters or fatigue in the process. I'm excited about it, although the husband is probably grateful this once to be on call this weekend. I don't blame him. So, the babies and I are going to make a day of it.

I just checked on my babies again and had to laugh. My Sunshine is sleeping with his new swim goggles on! So funny. We went out to eat earlier after the kids and I hung out at the mall. I bought these little swim goggles for them both. At the restaurant they both wore them inside. Ahh my babies make me laugh - they are so funny sometimes. LOL Remind me to tell you about my experience with the Pre-School disciplinary system earlier this year.

What I'm listening to now: Here We Go Again by Trina featuring Kelly Rowland
An I Love My Babies moment: This one happened a week or so ago when my kids and I walked to the department store down the street to browse and kill time. I had just registered them for school so we were talking about that and how exciting and fun it was going to be to see all their friends again and meet the new teacher and blah blah blah . . . you know trying to get them excited about school. Well on the way home we really got going and both Rain and Sunshine started naming off all their friends and stuff. I said "yeah, it's pretty cool, huh? You'll get to wear your new Spiderman backpack and take all your crayons and pencils . . ." "And my pencil box!" Sunshine chimes in. I smile and keep it going "yeah!" I say "we're going to have to get up early to get ready and . . ." Then Sunshine shouts, "And I gotta shave!" I almost choked on my drink. I asked him "what?" He said again . . . "I gotta shave . . . for school." I couldn't help it, I laughed so hard and he was looking at me like his momma lost her mind. So I asked him, "what do you mean shave?" He proceeded to demonstrate a shaving motion with his hands to his face. That was too much. He said "like daddy!" Oh my little ones bring such joy!
So come Monday, I'm going to hide all the shaving items in the house - just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Soo adorable!! Hahah I love this Mummy Moment, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin