Been taking it easy with the back to school shopping - got a few good deals at Kmart last week ($0.20 Crayola 24ct, $0.33 12pk no.2 pencils, and $0.50 pencil pouch). At Walmart I found some washable markers for $0.70 each and $0.10 wide-ruled notebooks. Not bad so far, I've spent less than $5.00 on school supplies.
I've written a couple of Back to School articles for my column. Check it out if you get the chance - loved some feedback or new ideas. (Especially if you have some good back to school ideas for older kids.)
Currently listening to: Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Rivival
An "I love my babies" moment:
I did some back to school browsing at Target the evening before last. I bought two kindergarten workbooks I thought Sunshine and Rain would like that came with stickers. After putting my little ones to bed, I hit the computer for a late night typing extravaganza. When I had one of those moments where I thought the kids were up to something. I paused a moment, but shrugged it off - hey it must've been quiet because they were asleep already, right?
Well after another minute I get up to check on them. Only Sunshine (my boy) is in bed. I make the loop around the house looking for Rain (my girl, 5 yrs old) and find her in the bathroom like this:

Awwwwww.... hold on to these moments. Precious. Wait 'til she hits 15. No...14. No..11. LOL!
ReplyDeleteOMG! You'll probably want me on speed dial!!
That is too funny. But you will be so happy you took that pic to save forever
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Hey, she found something to occupy herself with. There is good in everything, huh (smile).
ReplyDelete