Thursday, June 12, 2014

Garden My Garden

It's cold and cloudy this morning so I am delaying my walk around the neighborhood for a little later and decided to finish up my first real post since getting back online here.

We recently leased 2 garden plots in a community garden not far from my home. I'm so excited about it. I've already started a patio/balcony garden at home with some neat Patio Tomatoes from Bonnie Plants. One has blossoms and one has blossoms and a tomato growing. Unfortunately, my 1st patio plant suffered severe hail damage and then was attacked by my 2 year old girl, lol. still, it's a hardy plant and is trying to make a comeback. Whether I get a fruit from it this year, who knows? I'm thinking to use it as an experiemental plant and try overwintering it. Here's what was left of it after the storm.



I'll post a new pic of it in the next day or so since it has started growing again. So far the garden is almost completely planted, I still have a pepper and tomato plant to transplant in there and then I will take a pic. Anyway, I highly recommend giving a garden a try, it's still not too late to get some veggies or annual type flowers out there. My kiddies have been having a really great time with it too. They each have their own little section or plant to care for. Here are a few pics of the garden before and after tilling. We decided to keep some heirloom type spinach at the behest of our garden neighbor Sophia. so that's the row of plants still in there.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin